Lead Applications Scientist
||Voltijd (> 36 uur)
||maandag 1 januari 2018
||maandag 29 januari 2018
Do you already have experience in Polymer Science and are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to lead R&D projects, but also want to work hands-on in the lab? Apply now!
As a Lead Applications Scientist you'll work within the Smart Materials / Coatings & Polymers team, which provides business development support by focussed projects in close cooperation with customers. The goal of these activities is to deliver desired effects in end-applications, and in this way to add higher value to existing and new products. To support the applications and business team at your location and lead our developments on biobased building blocks to create high-end coatings, adhesives, plastics and elastomers, we have a vacancy for a Lead Applications Scientist.
You will contribute to and lead the development of new building blocks or new polymer application areas in our team. You will liaise with other technical teams within the company around the globe and colleagues from other disciplines like marketing, sales and production as well as with external organisations. Developments are done on project basis, developing products and/or applications from laboratory towards market introduction and commercial success. A challenging role within a dynamic, innovative and socially responsible company aimed at a growing market. Job description:
- Lead R&D projects (in-house and open innovation projects)
- Develop and evaluate new building block technologies or new application areas
- Synthesise and process polymers
- Carry out application evaluation (also at external institutes or at the UK location of the company) for value proposition development
- Review, analyse and report results
- Provide technical support for customer requests
- Keep up to date with new developments in polymer areas
||Ervaren (3 - 8 jaar)
As a Lead Applicatoins Scientist you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- MSc or PhD in Polymer Science, for instance Polymer Chemistry, Plastics Technology, Materials Science or Coatings Technology.
- 5 years experience in relevant industry, preferably polymer (adhesives or coatings) synthesis and processing
- Understanding of polymer chemistry and materials science is required
- Enthusiastic, hands-on, eager, pragmatic person with an eye for detail, taking the lead in projects
- A team player, interacting constructively with various departments and functions
- Good communication skills. Mastering English (and preferably Dutch), both spoken and written
- Full-time position
- One year contract with the possibility of an extension
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met Manoe Koningstein: 0182 590 217
This company in the area of Rotterdam is the name behind some of the world’s biggest brands and a global leader in speciality chemicals. Environmentally aware and inspired by nature, they’re at the cutting edge of a diverse range of markets. And with your help, as one of 3,500 employees in 35 countries, they’ll stay there.
» Meer over CheckMark Labrecruitment