Data Scientist Biotechnology
||Voltijd (> 36 uur)
||vrijdag 2 maart 2018
||vrijdag 30 maart 2018
You develop and implement data and statistics-driven solutions to support R&D projects for several applications in the field of biotechnology such as pharmeuticals, food products and bio-based chemicals. You collaborate closely with research scientists and developers.
We are looking for a data scientist within the Genetics Department of our client. You will support business-driven R&D projects for end-applications in food, pharma and/or bio-based chemicals and fuels. You will have the following taks and responsibilities:
- You will develop ideas and implement solutions related to statistics and data science to a broad community of researcher scientists and developers
- As Data Scientist Biotechnology you will thereforeyou will be acting as an enabler in interdisciplinary project teams
- Being part of the bioinformatics & modeling group, you will support the team on statistical and data science topics using prgramming tools and analyzing databases
- Projects may range from medium to high-throughput screenings for enzyme and strain development, applied biochemistry and analytical data, to QA/QC support for manufacturing, depending on your background and interest
||Ervaren (3 - 8 jaar)
The Data Scientist Biotechnology we are looking for the strengthen the team ideally meets the following qualifications:
- You have a bachelor(BSc) or master’s(MSc) degree with a background in life sciences or a background in IT in combination with experience in life sciences. Please note that this is not a PhD-level position
- Preferably you have 2 to 5 years working experience with (statistical) data processing of biological data and/or fermentation data
- Preferably you have experience in NoSQL databases (e.g. graph databases, document stores, etc.) and programming skills (e.g. Matlab, R, Python, Java, Knime)
- You are comfortable working in multinational interdisciplinary teams and preferably, you have already gained international experience
- Personal skills like result oriented, flexibility, problem analysis, creativity and being a strong communicator characterize your identity
- A secondment contract through CheckMark for approximately one year
- A challenging job with many opportunities for personal input; plenty of room for discussion
- A team of fellow professionals and open and pleasant atmosphere.
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met Alette te Beest: 0182 590 215
Our client is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting their unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences they are driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders.
» Meer over CheckMark Labrecruitment